Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Wednesday 5 October 2005

One sad fact, a nice discovery an odd observation

Three interesting things: one sad fact, a nice discovery an odd observation. First: the tube and bus fares have increased... again!! A single ride in zone one only (which means a maximum of five stops) rose from £2 to £3 (=4.5 Euro, 9000 liras!). Shame on Livingston and London Transports! My decision to stop travelling by tube and limit the use of the buses is now a rooted belief. Second: I have just discovered that there is another Italian girl working in my company. I thought I was the only Italian in the village! And I was wrong. :o ) She looks nice and she has been living here for 10 years (!). Third: I noticed that at the traffic light people do not pay attention at the colours but they follow what other people do. So, in more than one occasion, it happened that someone risked being run over simply because they were following the initiative of a reckless pedestrian sneaking through a car and another...

No comments: