Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Monday 31 October 2005

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween to everybody!

Well, it is a proper gloomy night for me ... Alone, at home, after a heavy day at work. No pumpkin. No trick or treat. After all, Hallo-ween is not an officially celebrated feast in my country. Instead of honouring the Celtic priests, we celebrate all the saints and hold memorial for our dead relatives … This year the holy-day falls on Tuesday, so people keep celebrating their bereavements from Saturday to Tuesday, included. We do know how to treat our dears down there.

I finally managed one hour of yoga after one week of forced break. And now, a frugal dinner, then, some knitting exercise. Yes, I restarted this neo-trendy activity. After the successful scarf and the saggy bag I dared to offer to my lovely cousin for Xmas last year, I took the courage to grab the needles again. Well, I had to: expensive 100% wool has been sitting in my basket for ages. I am not doing anything pretentious, just some plain scarves and hats decorated with some pom-poms and ribbons. This time, only if I succeed, I will wrap it up and offer to some good soul for Xmas.

I am not sure I will be able to post anything this week, so, out of interest, here is my weekly plan: work work work. Spanish tomorrow, more yoga on Wed, Gig of an Italian friend (Grace) on Friday. Xmas shopping on Saturday. And party in Brixton on Saturday night. Chilling out on Sunday with my friend Manuele and his lovely Brasilian girlfriend. Amanda has gone--One week to Lanzarote with other four ladies. Bless her! But just before she left, we managed to book a night out together to a ‘40s style club (a separate post about it will follow shortly, because this miraculous discovery does deserve its own space).

No comments: