Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 11 February 2010

Alexander McQueen R.I.P.

I was (and still am) in shock when I read the tragic news of Alexander McQueen's death. Rarely I am so affected by celebrities' misfortunes, but McQueen, one of my favourite designers, was a genius who never stopped amazing me with his creations imbued with intellectual and cultural references. He will be missed. I will miss him.

Here three outstanding pieces from his (anatomical, alien, reptile) 2010 collection:
 I love the juxtaposition of earthy and glacial colours...

That hairstyle is impressive and love the sinuosity of the gold bracelet. I cannot say the same of the hideous shoes... Maybe because I don't do heels, I can't really appreciate these goofy pair of shoes...

No comments: