Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Monday 11 January 2010

Scent of Rose

While 2009 has been a fantastic year, all in all, 2010 has had a slow start and too many nostalgic looks into a long gone past. To lift my spirits, I have booked a few treatments  this month and got myself two rose scented gifts: a candle and a Dr Hauschka body oil. Rose is my comfort zone fragrance: it's delicate and yet penetrating, sweet without being nauseating.



These colourful candles have been designed by yoga teacher Nadia Narain, and they are chemical free and 100% recycled plant wax. The essential oils are so intense that I can smell them without burning my candle. They come in four different scents, each evoking a mood: joy, love, peace and hope, according to your wished feeling. You can choose yours here. I went for LOVE: a wrapping blend of rose and geranium to feel desirable and loved.

I prefer body oils to moisturisers because, when they are of good quality, they are less greasy than creams. If I am lazy, I will just mix them with my shower gel  (which is also rose based) to create an instant softener. You can buy Dr Hauschka's natural body oil directly from their website.

No comments: