Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Sunday 3 January 2010

The present I gave and those I received

You might think I gave my better half a so-called *boomerang* present, but it was  a cooking tool he has wanted since our trip to Morocco in 2005: a red flame tagine to prepare meat and veggies stews in the Moroccan manner.


Can you detect a theme here? I got two very funny cat books to add to my collection of illustrated fairy tales.



The two books could not be more different: T.S. Eliot's rhymed stories are narrative poetry and accompanied by old fashioned illustrations; Simon's Cat's black and white illustrations without caption are modern and minimal story-telling which relies on your interpretation - and that's the fun. And yet they both chronicle similar behaviours and habits of the most interesting creatures on earth.

No comments: