Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Friday 20 November 2009

It's raining cats and dogs

Cats, precisely fluffy grey/black cats, are my newly discovered passion - one of many. Everything started with Gizmo. He was our neighbours' cat, but would freely visit our flat. He was boisterous, playful, soft and smelled good. One day Gizmo was taken away in a basket. My heart sank. The memory of his departure still saddens me. My only consolation is that he now lives in a bigger house with a garden where he can catch butterflies. Then I saw George who resembles Gizmo a lot. George lives in California with her owner Gabbi. And a few days ago I bumped into a black cat near my house - a smaller version of Gizmo. I started jumping up and down from the excitement and snapped a photo of him. So, Loftino & I are hopeful that one day we will be able to find a Gizmo/George/mystery cat lookalike to add to our newly formed family.

Gizmo





Mystery Cat 
 
A designer who share a passion for cats is Paul & Joe. Judging from my wardrobe, you can tell I am a big fan of her younger line {Paul and Joe's Sister}. Not only a kitten is in the logo, but they appear everywhere. I like when they make a pattern - such a subtle fun touch!
         
 


  La gatta  {by Gino Paoli}

C'era una volta una gatta
che aveva una macchia nera sul muso
e una vecchia soffitta vicino al mare
con una finestra a un passo dal cielo blu.

Se la chitarra suonavo
la gatta faceva le fusa
ed una stellina scendeva vicina vicina
poi mi sorrideva e se ne tornava su.

Ora non abito più là
tutto è cambiato non abito più là
ho una casa bellissima
bellissima come vuoi tu.

Ma io ripenso a una gatta
che aveva una macchia nera sul muso
a una vecchia soffitta vicino al mare
con una stellina che ora non vedo più...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharing fluffy black cats...
http://garnant.splinder.com/post/21752488#21752488

Anonymous said...

Quando la gattino fa le fuso, il mio cuore fa le fuso anche. Tanti auguri con la tua blog!

Amicacarmilla said...

Grazie, Elizabeth! Che bella frase che hai scritto. : )

Amicacarmilla said...

Veronica, your cat is HUGE! Really impressive! And total black! Wow.

Gizmo had some white spot...

Gabbi said...

Thank you so much Amica!! George is so flattered... :) Also I love that you posted on Paul&Joe, I'm such a fan of her designs and fabric patterns. Also the 'sister' label is so very affordable!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend... *bises*

Unknown said...

And he's only 6 months old ;)