Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Kirtaning Along

In two weekends time my dear friend Valentina and I will be Kirtaning with him and Shiva Rea who will be guesting between a workshop and the other. The practice of Kirtan (= singing from Sanskrit) refers to the Indian art of chanting mantras, rhytmically repeated until the self melts into the song and the singing crowd becomes a unity. I have done a bit of chanting in the past and found it very empowering, but I have never devoted a whole evening to it, let alone with live music. So it will be a completely new, exciting experience for me, and I look forward to it. 


Dave Stringer


"IF YOU CAN'T TEACH ME TO FLY, THEN TEACH ME TO SING"
James Barrie, author of Peter Pan

No comments: