Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Wednesday 21 October 2009

On the Subject of Figs & Irresoluteness


Fall has fallen upon us. Outside the temperatures have drastically dropped, and, according to Facebook's status updates, is rather chilly all over Europe, including Rome and Madrid! So, it's time to wrap up, cook some seasonal food, indulge in energising aroma therapy and get hold of an enthralling book.


AROMA THERAPY



WRAPPED-UP LOOK

Anthropologie  


Colour Palette:: magenta, ochre, lillac, charcoal, jade
FIG-BASED DISHES

 
Check out fig-based recipes ideas on Cannelle & Vanille, a food blog with stunning photography!  

BOOK



"I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig-tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began  to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet."

Excerpt from The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath




No comments: