Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Sunday 18 October 2009

Feeling Embroidered


Country Folk Board


Colour Palette: violet, red, fuchsia, blue

Today, a sunny October afternoon, I feel in the mood for a country folk board. This look leaves the stylist a great deal of freedom in mix and matching different styles, patterns and fabrics, and the end look is unique and bohemian. But it is also very easy to step a smidge too far and enter into the realm of grotesque. So *less is more* is the first rule. I paired  this beautiful tunic dress from Plumo with French laced tights. On my feet I would wear a pair of old-fashioned brogues (yes, I am obsessed with masculine shoes) or stay cosy with slipper socks.

No comments: