Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Sunday 22 February 2009

2009 Oscars

The long-awaited Oscar red carpet is in full swing, and I am glued to the telly ready to steal a glance of cinema stars and their attire before the show commences.
The first (very young) lady to catch my eye was Miley Cyrus, nominated for best animated film, in a gown by the lebanese designer Zuhair Murad. The dress did not impress me only for its undeniable beauty. What surprised me is that from the waist down it is the exact copy(cat) of the monumental Junon by Dior, a wonderful dress sported by Ann Theophane Graham, an iconic model from the fifties. Look and judge by yourself:
Junon by Dior, Metropolitan Museum
And now two more authentic Dior Haute Coutures:

No comments: