Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Sunday 31 August 2008

my 23rd b'day

I spent a flashing b'day weekend doing the things I mostly like doing when in londinian staycation mode: breakfast in Queen's Park bakery, buying art and fashion books at the local independent bookshop, the Wizard of Oz musical in Southbank, roller-disco and Hadrian exhibit at the British Museum...
Roller-disco was fun if not a bit *repetitive* after going round and round and round for four hours surrounded by people whose only association with the 80s was their year of birth... however, roller-disco confirmed my love for this sport... I wanna be a Skating Queen!
Wanna be skating Queen (you can't see it from the photo but they are flashing skates)
with sunflower offered by lovely hisano and cool francesco and doroty's doggy TOTO with a greedy grin hidden behind Marni oversize shades
post-musical dinner with (from left) Francesco, Amanda, me and Hisano
Gifts: Tate to Tate book Annual membership to the tates for me + one guest : ) Grave of the Fireflies (Hisano always cries when she watches it) Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore (looking forward to starting this) Barack Obama, Dreams from my Father Expressionism Toto Branche d'Olive room fragrance Paper vases and seeds Moleskine 2009 diary (looking ahead) Birth chart Snake Ring from British Museum Heart bracelet Charm bracelet Loads of cool cards I am planning to frame Thanks to you all for contributing to making it flashing *^__^*

No comments: