Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Wednesday 7 May 2008

Proud owner of a Vaporella

i am the proud owner of vaporella polti! it was a very welcome present from my cousins. poor guys, they had to drag this beast all the way from italy and be questioned at the airport security. my slowness and reluctance to ironing is proverbial -- watching me ironing is painful. i trust that this powerful new gadget will renew my ironing enthusiasm and ease my work. i have also decided to get a proper ironing board after living with over two years with a table board.remember i broke the basin some time ago? here it is what i have in mind as a replacement - the usual compromise between design, functionality and affordability.


it may also be time for a new washing machine - will depend on our finances. seeing as i come from the Ariston-land, i will have to go for an indesit... this Moon is as stylish as an i-pod and its slim figure would fit in my tiny kitchen.


today was full summer - i started roasting after ten minutes in the sun... i had to go to two routine doctor appointments and walked all the way. i popped into the local DVD store to feed my obsession with Japanese Animes and got Over the Sky for only 50p. the guy told me that new kids' releases are free. sweet! got to tell my little neighbours!

i should be making the most of my balcony. with my wireless connection i could be typing from there. i just need to set it up for this summer mirage with chairs and parasols. what about this director's chair and coordinated parasol?


my only child perfectionism mania is kicking in. my mum, who incidentally shares the same birthday of Queen Elizabeth, is coming in 20 days time and i want the house and its surroundings to be quasi-perfect. hence, my emails and calls to the council and my home shopping frenzy....

No comments: