Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 1 March 2007

various news


  • after 40 odd years, my mum has stopped smoking (!). my friend ilenia had to email me when she heard the news, which i am breaking only now because, after two months she (my mum) hasn't touched a fag, it is more credible. she is putting on weight though, so she is getting into walking a lot, but not into revising her diet... one step at the time.
  • alice is still in hospital. she is a bit itterica (= yellow) and needs to undergo a photonic therapy (= under a lamp).
  • steve had an accident and lia's back wheel came off. auch. the bike is fixable and steve came out uninjured - just about. so, it is okay.
  • today at yoga i have been invited to think of *small deaths*... and then let them go, of course. a small death is the end of something implied by a change. so today i tried to enter my poses in a different way, for a change, and also to see what would happen, but i was too concentrated in overcoming the pain of my joints with the pranayama to notice any change. it will arrive that moment though... millimetre after millimetre...
  • work is getting interesting: i got my KBOs (key business objective) and a couple are just scary, but exciting, especially when i will hand over my strategy plan to the company.
  • today i could smell spring in london. it is coming, people. happy march!

No comments: