Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Wednesday 20 September 2006

W/e at the Wine Festival (AKA Festa dell'Uva)

I think they had fun in my remote but yet fascinating valley. They definitely enjoyed the wine, my mum's food and Casa Rastia's hospitality. I enjoyed seeing my parents and spending some time with the usual old crowd. However, whilst I was very pleased and grateful of some of my friends' meeting efforts (Arianna, Claudia and Giacomo's, to name them), I felt a bit let down by the lack of gathering efforts of some other friends. Never mind. I also bumped into some old acquaintances who I hadn't seen for ages. I was annoyed by the inquisitive questions of some of them, pleased to exchange a chat with others and even innerly saddenned by someone's current daily life--which I simply found a bit... grey (it's not a case that I left 10 years ago!). I was also disappointed by the festival's bad organisation. I have been attending this folkloric feast since I was born. Over the last many years I used to attribute its loss of original flavour and appeal to my restless growing self. Then in the last three years or so I was told that it did improve and that was rather successful. So, after missing it for a few times, this year I decided to attend it again and bring along a few English guys. So, it was at least worth for them. I am not sure whether I will go again next year...

No comments: