Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Wednesday 5 July 2006

Go Gigi Go

I am very much behind with posts: I would like to write a review on the roundhouse experience, a post about the Goldfrapp’s concert on the 25th and more about my life in London. But until Sunday, let’s concentrate ourselves on one colour: azzurri!

Yesterday was one of the most emotional football nights of my life! What a game! What a team! I love them all! How many memories are coming back! I was only 6 years old but still remember that special night. It is a pity I am missing the final in Italy, but also glad that I am watching it with my cousin Giacomo and a lively community of Italians in London and I am getting loads of compliments all around (as if I was playing!).

Some messages I got after the match of yesterday:

Message from my dad: We broke their bones like 36 years ago! Message from my mum: Brava l’Italia. Message from Dan: Is Lofty persuaded now that Italy is the strongest? Message from Valentina: Mamma mia! I am still shaking! Here (in Rome) they don’t stop firing! Message from Manuele: If we win this world cup, I shall lay on the table with a dozen of bottles of wine around me. Message from Giacomo: If we win the final, we have to hire a moped and pass by the Queen’s house.

Off to buy face paint…

No comments: