Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Tuesday 6 June 2006

Richard Ashcroft at Brixton Academy

I went to his concert without great expectations. In the pub, while sipping our first pre-theatre drink, Lofty and Ed voiced a subtle concern that the performance might be a bit mellifluous and not as energetic as a live performance should be. They were wrong. The atmosphere was great. We were far away from the stage, but that was fine. In fact it was even better in that we could view both the stage and the crowd as a whole. After the third cider, I was tipsy, okay, but perfectly capable of enjoying a very good night. Richard was in perfect shape and his set list a very balanced mixture of rock and romantic songs. Towards the end, as it is, the environment warmed up. All of a sudden, I was given a passionate hug from a girl standing next to me. All I can remember of her is her long curly ginger hair and that she was cheerful and drunk. Nonetheless, her desire of sharing that moment of joy looked to me sincere. And I was nearly flattered by that gesture.
P.S. Photos taken by a mobile phone!

No comments: