Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 25 August 2005

Me cala la palpebra

Good Morning [finally a nice sunny morning after the windy and rainy day of yesterday], Despite the adverse weather, yesterday night has been very pleasant. I went to my *officially* last Spanish class, and our professora, who is from Buenos Aires, brought us hand-made empanadas as a gift [they are typical *pastries* similar to a small calzone filled with meat&veg or spinach&cheese ~ photo attached]. !Que deliciosas! After the class, all our class headed to the local Spanish restaurant where we drank sangria, ate all sorts of tapas and chatted a lot... in Spanish, of course. Also the waiters had been instructed to speak only in Spanish to us. During the dinner the teacher went through some food-related execercises, we took some pictures, and shared the tapas. By the end of the dinner, I was tipsy and got very chatty. My *Spanglish* got better and better. A great night! And the cool thing is that some of us, in September, will start meeting up once a week at our teacher's place to carry on, mainly with conversation. Here are my companeros: from the left, me; our teacher Patricia; Jimi from Scotland; Juan from London; Zuza from Bratislava; Amanda & Naomi from London; Ohan & Ghili from Israel.

No comments: