Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 1 October 2009

C.U.P.C.A.K.E.S

I am excited. I have made a cupcake stand assembling three plates and three vases (voila!), and Steve got me The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. Here they are:
 

My Cupcake Stand & Bakery Book
 
I already have the little baskets, so I only need the ingredients (of course!), a squeezeable decorating kit, a moulded tray and Jo(sephine), who will teach and direct me to bake the most adorable CUPCAKES. Thanks in advance, Jo! I will start with green tea CUPCAKES as they very well match the aqua feather of my stand. 
 
Photo (c) Apartment Therapy
 
CUPCAKES are cute, retro, decorative, photogenic, nostalgic and many! They remind me of a gone-by England in the same way a vespa (i.e. moped) reminds me of a mythical Italy.
   
I have never tasted them. I am making them purely for their aestethic qualities and the sense of security and certainty they exude: "a feeling of solidarity, almost of continuity with the past", as the Tiffany's salesman from Breakfast at Tiffany's would observe.
 
Photos (c) we heart it
 
P.S. In keeping with the retro feel of this post, I used this fun programme to convert digital photos into polaroid-looking style. They look so authentic! UPDATE: Following sister-in-law's advise, I have decided to go and try the best cupcakes in town before venturing into the cupcake-making world. I have short-listed two bakeries for the pleasure: Primrose Bakery and Hummingbird Bakery.

  And now I only have to choose a partner in crime...

No comments: