Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Sunday 13 September 2009

Autumn Feathers in London

The black cape coat, a staple item of last winter, it is a classic hard to die after one season. So, I relaunch it here with two other must-haves: treggings (trousers+leggings) and the IT knee (or over-the-knee) boots. Treggings, are far more comfortable than skinny jeans, much smarter than leggings and essential for the over-the-knee booted look, which has been lingering in fashion magazines for a few years (I bought my first pair in Rome back in 2003!), but boots have never been so long as this season.
Although this autumn/winter trend is all about tailoring and neutral colours, I cannot help but throwing in a splash of colour: bold printed tunics, a reminiscence of the past spring/summer, are perfect under mono-tone basics. I think this is going to be my signature style in the coming months. More variants to come...
Clockwise: Cape by Paul Smith; tunic dress by McQ McQueen; DSquare2 trilby hat with satin ribbon; Boodle Raindance ring (aquamarine and diamonds set in platinum); Charles Nolan Croc Embossed Patent Leather Boots; Treggings by Joseph; Botkier Bag.

No comments: