Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 16 July 2009

Song of Solomon 2:8

The first reading at my wedding... The voice of my beloved, behold he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping over the hills. My beloved is like a roe, or a young hart. Behold he standeth behind our wall, looking through the windows, looking through the lattices. Behold my beloved speaketh to me: "Arise, make haste, my love, my dove, my beautiful one, and come. My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hollow places of the wall, shew me thy face, let they voice sound in my ears: for they voice is sweet, and they face comely." My beloved to me, and I to him. "Put me as a seal upon thy heart, as a seal upon they arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy as hard as hell, the lamps thereof are fire and flames. Many waters cannot quench charity, neither can the floods drown it." This is the Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.

No comments: