Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 7 February 2008

my deco~ravelry~oblivious yogina~bad foot~juno

my deco
two interesting discoveries: the first is not a real discovery as my brother-in-law-to-be sent me this link. it's a portal that gathers together highstreet and designer online furniture shops! i had a hard time looking for something quirky and yet affordable until i browsed this. in less than a morning, i got three new pendant lamps for my tall flat, a floor light for our studio area and a cheap coffee table. little touches to improve our living space. next will be a new basin because i managed to break it! don't ask me why - i am not that strong but i am that clumsy.


ravelry
second discovery - a facebook-type community for knitters! it is not live yet, but i already registered to be in first line.

bad foot
i have a foot-ache which started in belgium. it is an on/off pain, whose origin is hard to identify. so, i booked a reflexology session next week, as well as my annual dentist appointment. it seems like february will be *check-up month*, so i may well visit also my doctor for a routine blood test. bring on the hypochondria that it's in me.


oblivious yogina
my yoga centre is magic - i keep forgetting things there and i keep finding them again. tonight i left on the yoga studio's floor my mum's yellow gold ring with ruby and realised about it only at the bus station. [digression - this is the engaged girl who is about to receive an expensive ring!] i ran back swearing to myself that i will no longer take it out. an angel had handed it in at the reception. previous to this, i lost and found there a pair of Dior glasses, my wallet, my credit card.

juno
tomorrow i am seeing sian, an ex-colleague of mine, and i want to propose
to go and watch juno, which was presented at the london film festival and received incredibly good reviews despite the unoriginal theme. it is described as cunning, humorous and with cast talented actors. we'll see if it lives up to my pumped expectations.

No comments: