Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Friday 6 July 2007

"i love london.
i love the formality, the manners, the drunkenness"
tom ford
last weekend was the last smoky one for london, and we fully inhhaled it both nights. we returned home stinky but happy. to date, i have only briefly enjoyed the smoke-free pubs. tonight i am forced to stay in, while my cousin and his friends, vale and her friend, magali and her friends, michela and her friends are out and about. i am tempted to say "that's not fair", but it is my fault that i over-spent, dressed for the day in weird clothes, okay for work but not for the night, and let my mobile phone die. i am regretting now that i did not buy The Book of Laughter and Forgettng today when i passed by my local bookshop. i am in need of kundera...

No comments: