Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 14 December 2006

On the verge ...

I am on the verge of an exhaustive breakdown... Although my job has calmed down, next week, my last week before Xmas, it'll be still hectic: I will have to say goodbye and merry Christmas to all my authors and close some of the outstanding issues. After a tensed and intensed weekend with Clopis & Giagio, highlighted by a fun reunion on Saturday night, yesterday I went to my company Xmas party and, despite having drunk two glasses of champagne, half beer and half glass of wine with soda (i.e. annaquato!), I feel hangover and exhausted today. Amanda attributed it to the cheap free stuff but I added to it also the age element. Anyway...... Despite my miserable physical state, after work I wanted to pop to central London to buy some last presents. I got a first class face cream for my mum (it is actually the best available in the market! ~ I splashed out but she deserves (and need) it!); a colourful scarf designed Paul Smith for my dad and the second half of Steve's and Lindsey's presents. I am done (on my side)! More or less... Tomorrow I will be heading with Claire and Liz to Brighton, where Claire recently moved, for an intimate night out. On Saturday I will come back to London at around lunch time and will go out again in the evening for Adrian's birthday. As you can see, I am truly faithful to the Anglo traditions: Xmas here starts on the first of December and it is synonim of party party party. Will I make it to the end of the week? I have to! It's Xmas! Sunday will be our last chance to sort out the flat before my parents' arrival (not even the queen would receive such a treatment!). But I am happy... I am not even worried of having to be the official (and only) translator during these Xmas holidays... Off to pack now.

No comments: