Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 7 December 2006

London ~ where Russia meets USA

If you are bored of your provincial life, come to London ~ the city where everything can (and does) happen!!
This last three weeks we heard: 1. of a Bond-like sinister encounter (in one of my usual restaurants) followed by the homicide of an ex-spy in the usual Russian fashion (they keep calling it a mystery when I cannot trace any mystery in it); and 2. witnessed a US-style mini-tornado which hit our neighbouring district! All the radiations spread around London should give interesting clues and tracks to the investigators, but shall we ever know the official truth? ... Of course, more than this triggers my excitement in this damned city... right now, one of the two oldest (ever) friends of mine is currently landing at Stanstead Airport, and I am thrilled. It's her first (ever) visit, after all. It is going to be two very intense days & nights!!! More on Sunday ~ anti-climax and recovery day! UPDATE: I am still up waiting... and waiting... which is the least I can do in sign of gratitude for their visit just two (working days) after their long flight back from the earth paradise... From paradise to hell.

No comments: