Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Thursday 28 September 2006

My silence must go on ...

Since I have been back from our Italian long weekend I have been sucked into the usual and new Londonian activities. I left my native city with the usual melancholy until I landed in London and went back to my desk. Piles of queries to sort out and invitations were silently awaiting me! This reminded me how I have resisted to be in UK for so long.
Valentina reminded me of our SPA day (we have still to agree a date and type of treatment). Claire, Liz and Amanda had already arranged a girlz nite out (planned for 8 October). Then there was Min's 30th birthday in the bohemian Oxford this weekend. What a fun day, night and day! The LFF is about to start and I have already made my selection of films. On the work side, I had two lovely work lunches and many commissioning ideas to develop. Scary! Finally, a Brussels trip at the end of the month has been already booked. I am going to pay a business visit to some authors on the Friday morning and, unlike last time that went and came back in the space of half day, I decided to stay for the whole weekend. I wanted a special and quirky accommodation and managed to find a gem of B&B (Chambres en Ville), owned by a local artist (Guilmin). There is no website, but I found two photos (see above left and below) and two praising reviews from the world wide web. I emailed him (the artist) and waited nervously for his reply because I know that there are only four chambres. The positive response arrived today. Yippie!
To conclude, this weekend an ex-uni friend (Ugo) is visiting and we are planning many little nice things to do, including a musical, going out with friends and a mini pizza party. And tonight.... Tonnarelli al nero di seppia (spaghetti in black squid ink) with Salmon carpaccio! Yummie!

No comments: