- Bono: I am a witness. What can I do?
- Nelson Mandela: We are grateful for (RED)'s work
- EU subsidies harm Africa's farmers
- Blair and Brown: Still optimistic on G8
- (RED) phone in battle against Aids
- Bodies of African immigrants pile up
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
- Climate change will be catastrophe for Africa
- Africa's medicine man
- Banksy takes to streets
- Live8 and Gleneagles - what did they achieve?
- Can rock stars change the world?
- Bob Geldof: Aid isn't the answer
- Niall Fitzgerald: Not a burden
- Jeremy Laurance: Why RED can boost Global Fund and its war on HIV
- The wisdom of Giorgio
- Rice's music choice
- The Edge
- American Life, by Elvis Costello
- John Walsh: Tales of the City
- Play our RED game
- Buy RED print edition
- External RED links
- Hilary Benn in Uganda
- Eddie Izzard: 'We need Europe to be a melting-pot
Monday, 22 May 2006
A news on a news
On 16 My The Independent was guest-edited by Bono. Half the revenue from the edition was donated to the Global Fund to Fight Aids. For one day the newspaper emblematically changed name into the (RED) Independent. I bought a copy which I am going to keep in my archive. Generally speaking, every single article, every single corner of each single page is worth to be read. Heavy articles alternates with more frivolous news, without being as malicious and gossipy as many other broadsheets. Here is the diverse table of contents.
posted by Amicacarmilla