Thought of the Day

I don't believe in morality, but I believe in ethical conduct as set out by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "Ethical conduct = a way of behaving that respects others’ right to be happy".

Saturday 28 January 2006

Elogio ai blog altrui!

I love reading other people's blogs. It is not only a way to discreetly enter into people's lives and satisfy the most basic need of us, social animals, of comparing and confronting ourselves with others' existence. It is also a reliable and bottomless source of information and a learning and often revealing experience. Just for example, thanks to Sai Tenere un Segreto? I got to know this online channel (in which the author of this blog is part of the presenters' team), which gave me the opportunity to have access to some decent Italian television, partially synonym of national pop culture, which I would otherwise miss being 2000km away. [I have still to work out how to synchronise my satellite dish to catch Italian channels. If out there anyone has got any clue about it, please come forward. Many thanks.] Reading Superqueen's blog is better than reading Vogue (or even Vogue Italia!). Reading LovelySalome's film reviews is better than watching the films themselves (well, maybe I am going over the top here, but I do find her style extremely fluid, accessible and logic as she tries to seize the most interesting and less-obvious angles of them). Always for example, from Appunti di stile, blog structured like a lifestyle magazine, I got the link to Nigella's rich collection of recipes. From Damina (@ Piccolo Mondo Antico), I learnt about the existence of the most haunted castle of England: the Muncaster castle, lying amongst the hills and lakes of the glorious Lake District. It is even possible to spend the night at the castle to experience all the unusual noises which have been factually and repetitively witnessed by the numerous guests. England is undoubtely the perfect gothic environment for such *tales*. I have been always fascinated by ghost stories and I do believe in spirits and (+ and -) energies. In this regard, just the other day I was wodering whether the flat I am in the process of buying (a 100 year-old ex-pub) was housing some drunken unrested soul. And now back to the domestic life. I am off... cooking: strawberry ice cream and polenta al ragu' for tomorrow when I will host a Sunday getting-together for a few friends.

2 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

Possession is my 100th review! I started on June 1, 2005 :)

lofty said...

I liked the bloke in the bath of balls. That was decent! :o)